While attending public school, your child can:
- Pray at school
- Talk about God in class assignments
- Start a religious club on campus that receives the same rights and resources as other clubs
- Freely share his or her faith with other students
- And as a parent, you can:
- Opt your child out of curriculum that requires the student to violate your family’s religious beliefs.
Students Don’t Have to Leave Their Faith at Home
Contrary to what you may have been told by your child’s public school administrators, students have the constitutionally protected right to freely live out their faith at school. On this page, you will find valuable resources that will help arm you with the knowledge and tools you need to protect your child’s religious liberty at school.
I Have a Right
FAQ: Religious Freedom at Public Schools
Day of Dialogue Memo
Know Your Rights
Alliance Defending Freedom has created the Student Rights Handbook to provide you with specific information you and your child need to know about religious freedom in public schools. Download your FREE copy now.
In the Blogs
Get Legal Help
Need Help? Has your child or grandchild been censored or punished for sharing his or her faith at school?