How Same-Sex "Marriage" Threatens You
On March 26 and 27, the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments in two of the most crucial marriage cases in our nation’s history. In one case, the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is under attack by same-sex activists. In the other case, Alliance Defending Freedom and our allies are defending Proposition 8, California’s voter-approved constitutional amendment protecting marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
The Supreme Court will likely make a decision by late June, and the potential impact of these two cases is unprecedented. If marriage is redefined, your religious freedom – and that of every other Christian who takes a stand for their biblical beliefs – could come under serious legal attack.
Take a look at just a few of the unbelievable stories of Christians being defended by Alliance Defending Freedom:
- Elaine Huguenin, a New Mexico photographer, received death threats and was fined thousands of dollars for declining to use her artistic talents to photograph a same-sex couple’s commitment ceremony.
- Blaine Adamson, a Kentucky shirt shop owner, is being investigated by the City of Lexington for declining to print t-shirts promoting homosexual behavior.
- Donald Mendell, a Maine high school guidance counselor, was threatened with losing his career for publicly sharing his belief that same-sex “marriage” would not positively impact the education of Maine’s children.
- Emily Brooker, a student at Missouri State University, was ordered by her professor to write a letter to the Missouri legislature expressing her support of same-sex adoption.
- Canyon Ferry Road Baptist Church members were harassed by Montana state officials for taking a stand on marriage.
Thanks to the generosity of Allied Ministry Friends like you, we had the resources to fight – and win – for their religious freedom and yours. But there are still countless others under legal attack for their faith who need our help right now.
Alliance Defending Freedom is a cash-based ministry. This means we carry no debt and can only take on cases we have the funding for. Your best gift – large or small – will make a difference. Together, we can keep the door open for the spread of the Gospel by protecting marriage at this most critical time.