Defending Religious Liberty in America
Throughout our history, America has been a land defined by religious faith and freedom. Religious freedom is our first and most fundamental, God-given right deemed so precious that our Founding Fathers enshrined it in the U.S. Constitution.
So why is religious liberty under attack in America today?
For decades, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and other radical anti-Christian groups have been on a mission to eliminate public expression of our nation's faith and heritage. By influencing the government, filing lawsuits, and spreading the myth of the so-called “separation of church and state,” the opposition has been successful at forcing its leftist agenda on Americans.
Their targeted attacks on religious liberty are more serious and widespread than you may realize. In courtrooms and schoolrooms, offices and shops, public buildings and even churches…those who believe in God are increasingly threatened, punished, and silenced.
Keeping the Door Open for the Spread of the Gospel
Alliance Defending Freedom is committed to keeping the door open for the spread of the Gospel by transforming the legal system and advocating for religious liberty, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family. Together with its growing army of more than 2,200 Allied Attorneys, Alliance Defending Freedom has defended attacks on religious freedom – like these and countless others – so that Christians across America can freely live out their faith:
- A then-second-grade student at a public school in New Jersey was told that she could not sing “Awesome God” in an after-school talent show.
- A pastor of a church in Arizona was ordered to stop holding meetings or Bible studies in his private home.
- Five Christian men were threatened with arrest for sharing their faith on a public sidewalk in Virginia.
- A Christian student at a university in Missouri was threatened with having her degree withheld because she refused to write a letter to the state legislature expressing her support for homosexual adoption.
- A pro-life nurse at a hospital in New York was forced to participate in a late-term abortion, even though her workplace had agreed in writing to honor her religious convictions.
Can you imagine what tomorrow will look like in America if the opposition is not stopped today?
“If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” President Ronald Reagan
We must continue the fight for religious liberty, so that the life-changing message of Jesus Christ can be proclaimed and transform our culture. Each win for the Body of Christ is a loss for the opposition. It’s that black and white. Will you help us win?
By God’s grace, and because of the faithful prayers and financial support of Christians like you, Alliance Defending Freedom has won eight out of every 10 cases litigated to completion. This is a long-term battle, and there will be new attacks month after month. By giving a monthly recurring gift, you will help fund future cases, so that Alliance Defending Freedom can continue to fight – and win – for the Body of Christ.
Get Legal Help
Has your religious liberty been violated? Alliance Defending Freedom is here to protect your right to freely live out your faith. Contact our legal intake team today.