Public School Resources
Download these resources to learn more about your child’s right to religious freedom at school.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Equal Access – Public School
- Freedom of Association – Public School
- Freedom to Exercise Religious Beliefs – Public School
- Freedom of Speech – Public School
Download these legal memos and share them with your school administrators if your child is being prohibited from participating in these events at school.
- Your Rights – Christmas
- Your Rights – Day of Dialogue
- Your Rights – Day of Silent Solidarity
- Your Rights – Easter
- Your Rights – Fields of Faith
- Your Rights – See You at the Pole
Be inspired by these courageous students who have taken a stand for religious liberty at their public schools.
- Brian Hickman - A fifth-grade student at a Los Angeles public school was told he couldn’t perform in the after-school talent show because his song says “Jesus too many times.”
- Christina Hudak – A high school freshman refused to back down when her request to participate in the Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity was denied by school administrators.
- Jacob Smith – A student at an elementary school was prohibited from passing out flyers to classmates for a youth summer camp sponsored by his church.
- Janelle Poukamissas – A high school student took a stand when her Christian student club was singled out for discrimination.
General Public School Resources
- Graduation Prayer in Public Schools
- Guidance on Constitutionally Protected Prayer in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools (US Department of Education)
- Anti-Bullying Policy Yardstick – A Guide to Good and Bad Policies
- Teacher Free Speech and Academic Freedom
- The Rights of Religious Employees