Defending religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family...around the globe
Through the work of ADF International (a global partner of Alliance Defending Freedom), along with hundreds of allies, and thanks to your generous support, we are engaging in legal advocacy before national and international institutions and courts, including the European Court of Human Rights, the European Parliament, and the United Nations.
We are winning key victories.
“I’d like to thank you again, for the passion and initiative, for taking the case and gaining the victory, which is not for us only, but for the entire Christian community here in Bulgaria, as well as all over the world.”
Petya Dimitrova, ADF International client
Dimitrova v. Bulgaria [ECHR]
With God’s grace and your help, Alliance Defending Freedom will:
for the persecuted church
We cannot stand idly by and allow our brothers and sisters around the world to endure discrimination, persecution, and even death.
We must pray for them and defend their right to live out their faith.
Keep the door open
for the Gospel
In many parts of the world, missionaries and evangelists face significant legal barriers. In some countries, a church cannot even exist as a legal entity.
Alliance Defending Freedom, through the work of ADF International, is challenging laws that hinder Christians from fulfilling their mission to spread the Gospel.
to freedom wherever they occur
International cases have the potential to set legal precedents that cross national borders, and even impact U.S. law. We are working to defend religious freedom in key international cases.
Heartbreaking and even violent persecution against Christians is breaking out in different parts of the world.
The church around the world is sufferingWith the growing persecution of Christians abroad, and increasing attempts to shut down the spread of the Gospel, the need is urgent:
- A pastor in Sweden was sentenced to prison for simply quoting what the Bible says about marriage.
- A woman in Bulgaria was arrested and her religious materials were confiscated for holding private worship services in her home.
- Radical Hindu mobs attacked Christian villages in India, burning churches and murdering men, women, and children.
God has made His call clearAlliance Defending Freedom began international work on a small scale in 2009. At that time, a number of our friends caught the vision and responded. But the need is growing! We have only gone where we have been asked to go -- we have been asked repeatedly to help even more Christians internationally.
God has opened doors for us that only He could open. He has granted us favor with leaders and judges in the most influential organizations and courts internationally. Since we became active in international work, ADF has quickly become a leader for defending faith and freedom.
Until now, no Christian legal organization has had the capacity to effectively challenge opponents to faith and freedom in the international legal system. Alliance Defending Freedom is making a difference.
“Because of [Alliance Defending Freedom], I am a free man.” Ake Green, Swedish pastor
These victories are just the beginningThanks be to God (Apart from Christ, we can do nothing, John 15:5), our international efforts have helped secure 85 victories for religious freedom, including nine at the highly influential European Court of Human Rights. Among them:
- Overturning “hate speech” convictions for pastors in Sweden and Canada who were teaching from Scripture on homosexual behavior.
- Preserving the sanctity of human life in Ireland — and for all of Europe (47 nations!) — when the European Court of Human Rights ruled that the European Convention of Human Rights does not contain a right to abortion.
- Obtaining, through our allied partners working in conjunction with public prosecutors, the very first criminal convictions against the perpetrators of Christian killings in the state of Odisha, formerly known as Orissa, in India.
- And more!
Challenge Grant Doubles Your ImpactWill you help ADF defend religious freedom where it is threatened?
We must protect the inalienable rights that are for all people, in all times, in all places. And with your help, we can. A generous Christian family has stepped forward with a $2 million challenge grant that will double your impact to keep the door open for the Gospel internationally.
Double My Impact