Alliance Defending Freedom lawsuits challenging the abortion-pill mandate
To book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
The Obama administration’s abortion-pill mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception under threat of heavy penalties by the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies if the mandate’s requirements aren’t met.
Scorecard: Abortion-pill mandate losing 78-9 in court
Breakdown scores (wins against mandate - wins in favor of mandate):
- For-profit score: 46-1
- Non-profit score: 32-8
- ADF score: 20-1
General news releases:
- 2014-10-27: HHS mandate ‘accommodation’ for non-profits still inadequate
- 2014-08-22: ADF comment on HHS mandate ‘accommodation’
- 2014-01-02: 2013 a bad year for Obamacare abortion-pill mandate
- 2013-06-28: Final rule on abortion-pill mandate ends nothing
- Newland v. Burwell: The Newland family runs Hercules Industries, an HVAC manufacturer.
- Briscoe v. Burwell: Stephen Briscoe owns several separate companies that operate senior independent living residences, assisted living centers, and skilled nursing facilities along with related businesses that manage such facilities.
- Armstrong v. Burwell: Former U.S. Sen. Bill Armstrong is one of the co-owners of Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., a family-run home loan provider.
- Fellowship of Catholic University Students v. Sebelius: Fellowship of Catholic University Students is a non-profit Catholic organization serving students at colleges and universities.
- Dobson v. Sebelius: Dr. James Dobson is founder and president of the “Family Talk” radio show and ministry, a Christian non-profit organization.
- Association of Christian Schools International v. Burwell: Joining the Association of Christian Schools International in this lawsuit is Samaritan Ministries International, Taylor University, and Indiana Wesleyan University.
District of Columbia:
- Tyndale House Publishers v. Sebelius: Tyndale House Publishers is one of the world’s largest privately held Christian publishers of books, Bibles, and digital media.
- March for Life v. Burwell: March for Life is a non-profit pro-life organization that holds a peaceful, annual march to the U.S. Supreme Court and Capitol Hill to mark the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision until it is overturned.
- Ave Maria School of Law v. Sebelius: Ave Maria School of Law is a Catholic law school.
- Grace Schools v. Sebelius: Grace College and Seminary in Indiana and Biola University in California are evangelical Christian colleges.
- Grote Industries v. Sebelius: Grote Industries is a family-run auto lighting manufacturer.
- Dordt College v. Burwell: Dordt College in Iowa and Cornerstone University in Michigan are Christian colleges.
- Louisiana College v. Sebelius: Louisiana College is a private, Baptist college.
- Trijicon v. Sebelius: Trijicon is a family business that manufactures sights and scopes for the military, law enforcement, and hunters.
- Midwest Fastener Corp. v. Sebelius: Midwest Fastener Corp. is a family-run fastener supply business.
- Annex Medical v. Sebelius: Annex Medical and Sacred Heart Medical are family-run businesses that design, manufacture, and sell medical devices.
- Sioux Chief Manufacturing v. Burwell: Sioux Chief Manufacturing is a family-run business that produces plumbing products and supplies.
- Randy Reed Automotive v. Burwell: Randy Reed Automotive is a family-run automotive group.
- Southern Nazarene University v. Burwell: Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Oklahoma Baptist University, and Mid-America Christian University are evangelical Christian universities.
- Geneva College and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. v. Burwell: Geneva College is a Christian college founded in the tradition of the Reformed Presbyterian faith, and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. is a family-run lumber business.
- Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Burwell: Conestoga Wood Specialties is a family-run wholesale manufacturer of custom wood cabinet parts.