Newland v. Sebelius
To book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Description: Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys representing the Newland family, which owns and operates private HVAC manufacturer Hercules Industries, have filed a federal lawsuit against the Obama administration over its mandate that forces the family-owned business to violate its religious beliefs by requiring it to offer insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception.
10th Circuit upholds order against abortion pill mandate
“Every American, including family business owners, should be free to live and do business according to their faith. In appealing the district court’s order that halted the mandate against Hercules, the administration sent a clear message that it wants to force families to abandon their faith in order to earn a living. That’s the opposite of religious freedom. The 10th Circuit was right to uphold the district court’s order and protect the Newland family’s religious liberty at least until the U.S. Supreme Court decides whether to extend religious freedom to similar families across the country.”
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
Additional resources: Newland v. Sebelius
Scroll down to view additional resources pertaining to this case and its surrounding issue
Previous news releases:
- 2013-01-18: Obama admin. argues CO family business must violate religious beliefs
- 2012-09-25: Forward? Appeal contradicts Obama’s claims of ‘unwavering’ support for religious freedom
- 2012-08-16: Denver’s attempt to throw Hercules under ObamaCare bus backfires
- 2012-07-27: Hercules shows strength, halts Obama abortion pill mandate
- 2012-07-24: Who will prevail: Hercules or Obama?
- 2012-04-30: Hercules versus Obama
Legal documents, related news, and other related resources available in the right panel when this page is viewed at ADFmedia.org.