Newland v. Sebelius
To book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Description: Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys representing the Newland family, which owns and operates private HVAC manufacturer Hercules Industries, have filed a federal lawsuit against the Obama administration over its mandate that forces the family-owned business to violate its religious beliefs by requiring it to offer insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception.
Hercules Industries owners react to US Supreme Court ruling on abortion pill mandate
“We are gratified by the Supreme Court opinion issued today. The decision supports our belief that the Newland family and many like us can still manage our business and serve our markets without giving up our religious beliefs and moral values. The alternative of complying with the mandate or face crippling fines and government punishment is something no person or family should face in this great country. To be forced to distribute life terminating drugs runs counter to our beliefs and deeply held culture of life that permeates our business and personal lives.”
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
Additional resources: Newland v. Sebelius
Scroll down to view additional resources pertaining to this case and its surrounding issue
Previous news releases:
- 2013-10-03: 10th Circuit upholds order against abortion pill mandate
- 2013-01-18: Obama admin. argues CO family business must violate religious beliefs
- 2012-09-25: Forward? Appeal contradicts Obama’s claims of ‘unwavering’ support for religious freedom
- 2012-08-16: Denver’s attempt to throw Hercules under ObamaCare bus backfires
- 2012-07-27: Hercules shows strength, halts Obama abortion pill mandate
- 2012-07-24: Who will prevail: Hercules or Obama?
- 2012-04-30: Hercules versus Obama
Legal documents, related news, and other related resources available in the right panel when this page is viewed at ADFmedia.org.