Pregnancy Care Center of New York v. City of New York
To book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Description: Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys filed suit against the city of New York over a new law that threatens non-medical, pro-life pregnancy care centers with steep fines and potential closure if they don’t post signs and publish in their ads that the city health department encourages women to go elsewhere.
ADF to continue fight for freedom of NYC pregnancy care centers
“Pro-life pregnancy care centers, which offer free help and hope to women and their children, shouldn’t be punished by political allies of abortionists. Most of the government’s mandatory pro-abortion messages were struck down on appeal, but part of the law still forces pro-life centers to speak a message designed to scare women away. That ruling was only preliminary, so we will continue our efforts in this case to make sure free speech is fully protected for centers that offer free and caring help to women.”
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
Additional resources: Pregnancy Care Center of New York v. City of New York
Scroll down to view additional resources pertaining to this case and its surrounding issue
Previous news releases:
- 2014-06-17: ADF asks US Supreme Court to review NYC’s anti-pregnancy care law
- 2014-01-31: ADF asks appeals court to strike down remainder of NYC’s anti-pregnancy care law
- 2014-01-17: Appeals court strikes down most of NYC anti-pregnancy center law
- 2012-09-13: New York City tries to deny pro-life choices
- 2011-07-13: New York nix: Court suspends law threatening pregnancy care centers
- 2011-03-21: New York City sued over law targeting pregnancy care centers
Legal documents, related news, and other related resources available in the right panel when this page is viewed at ADFmedia.org.